New year means new adventures. From walking the cobbled streets of Paris to immersing yourself in Rome’s history, Air France takes you to some of the dreamiest destinations from Cork Airport. This week we are taking you on a journey to Venice.
Venice is fascinating and captures your heart from the start. Known as one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in the world, Venice stands in a lagoon just barely above the waterline. An enchanting place which consists of 117 islands, over 400 bridges, and 150 canals.
What to do
- Explore St. Mark’s Square. Venice’s only square with the title of “piazza” and one of the busiest parts of the city. Since the days of the Republic, life has revolved around this piazza as it was a market as well as the center of civic and religious life.
- Treat your taste buds with local cuisine. Go on a walk and explore off the beaten track. Head down some of the scenic side streets to find hidden spots where you will be able to savour authentic Italian cuisine.
- Be dazzled by St. Mark’s Basilica. One of the most famous cathedrals in the world with an impressive Byzantine architecture that will leave you speechless.
- Admire the Grand Canal from a local gem. Take a visit to the Ponte di Rialto which connects San Marco and San Polo districts. The views of the Grand Canal make it worth a stop on your trip.
- Explore the islands of Murano and Burano. Attend one of the famous glass-blowing workshops in Murano or explore Burano’s colourful houses and picturesque canals.
- A day at the beach. If you are looking for a day by the sea, head on a day trip to the Lido, a beautiful island with a long stretch of sand.
How to get there
Air France flies from Cork Airport to Venice via Paris. Fly in a relaxed atmosphere, unwind, and enjoy Air France complimentary service including snacks and beverages to start off your holiday. Savour a glass of wine or relax with a cup of tea on your way to Venice.
To book flights, visit www.airfrance.ie